* Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
If you love a transforming cleanser with lots of different textures to enjoy, then I think you could really like the Biossance Squalane and Elderberry Jelly Cleanser. Here’s what you need to know.
What is Biossance Squalane + Elderberry Jelly Cleanser?
- Infused with antioxidants, prebiotics and moisture-boosting squalane
- Cleanses whilst strengthening the skin
- Works to protect the microbiome
- Transforms from a jelly to a silky oil when massaged and then a milk when water is added
- Works to remove make up, daily pollutants and impurities
- Enriched with elderberry extract for antioxidant protection
- Includes a nourishing prebiotic complex to help strengthen and protect your skin
- Sugarcane-derived squalane provides long-lasting, weightless moisture
My Review of Biossance Squalane and Elderberry Jelly Cleanser
I am a really big fan of this cleanser and enjoy using it so much. It smells beautiful and I love the lightly sticky, jelly texture that almost feels like smoothing honey over my face.
After you have massaged it into dry skin for a few seconds, you can start to feel the jelly loosen and turn into a silky oil. I love this when I want to spend a bit of time massaging my face and it gives the most comfortable slip.
Once you add a splash of water, it turns into a super soft milk and it’s then that you can see that it’s lifting off the makeup and dirt. I find it works well on mascara, however, if I am wearing a lot of black eye makeup, it does require another once over, or an extra wipe with a flannel or cloth.
With cleansing balms like this, I generally like to remove my eye makeup first before cleansing the skin to avoid getting all the black pigment from mascara all over my face.
I like to use the Biossance Squalane and Elderberry Jelly Cleanser in the morning too if my skin feels like it needs a moisture boost. I apply it on dry skin, spend a few massaging moments, and then I get into the shower and splash on a little water. I quickly work the milk over my face and then simply rinse it away.
It also makes a great flash mask if you leave it on for five minutes before removing.
I think it washes away cleanly without effort and just leaves a light moisturized feel. Skin never feels dry or stripped.
Where to buy it
The Biossance Squalane and Elderberry Jelly Cleanser is £ 22 and available via the following links.
For more cleanser options, check out my Best Cleansers for 2022 post.