* Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
Dior Rouge Dior Colored Lip Balm is the brand’s first colored lip balm with 95% natural-origin ingredients. It is available in a range of finishes and shades. Here are the details with color swatches for you.
What is Dior Rouge Dior Colored Lip Balm?
- Colored lip balm
- 95% natural-origin ingredients
- Provides lips with 24 hours of continuous hydration
- Protects from dryness and irritation
- Available in 3 finishes – satin, matte and velvet
- 18 shades designed to enhance a range of lip tones
- Includes a softer version of the iconic 999
- Available is best-selling 100 Nude Look and 720 Icone
- Also comes in universal shade 000 Diornatural in a new velvet finish with blurry effect
- Refillable format
- The formula is composed of 95% natural-origin ingredients
- Each part of the formula has been infused with a floral extract – peony, pomegranate flower, fig blossom and red hibiscus flower
- Base formula contains waxes and oils of natural origin, plus shea butter for conditioning
- Pomegranate flower extract works to plump and smooth
- Extract of red hibiscus flower helps soothe and protect lips from external stress factors
- Extract of red peony helps maintain the natural hydration of lips
- Fig blossom extract adds suppleness and softness
Dior Rouge Dior Colored Lip Balm Shades & Swatches
I have a few different Colored Lip Balms to show you. I think the clear, universal 000 Diornatural shade in the new velvet finish is particularly unique and interesting. It’s obviously not one you can really swatch, but I have tried to take a picture of how it looks on my lips.
I am really interested in it because there are hundreds of clear lip balms on the market but I have none in a velvet finish designed to smooth and blur.
The color palette of the full shade range is developed around nude, including rosewoods, pinkish reds and orangey reds ranging from brick to coral. They are all available in matte, velvet or satiny finishes.
- 100 Nude Look Satin Balm
- 525 Cherie Satin Balm
- 720 Icone Matte Balm
- 742 Solstice Matte Balm
- 999 Matte Balm
I am really enjoying this new lip collection from Dior. As I said earlier, the Diornatural Velvet finish blurring formula is really interesting, and I think if you struggle with texture on your lips, this could be really great under lip color.
The 100 Satin Balm is my favorite, as I kind of predicted. Dior’s 100 Nude Look is such a perfect neutral, and I pretty much adore it in every format!
The other one I really love is the 999 in matte balm finish. It is such an easy way to wear a softly matte red, and I actually used it as a blush too in the photo above. In case you’re wondering, the foundation is the new NARS Light Reflecting Foundation.
The blurring effect is super flattering of both the matte formula and the velvet finish in the Diornatural clear shade.
I think the Rouge Dior colored lip balm deposits just the right amount of product onto lips to impart subtle color and a really light but moisturizing feel on the lips.
I love them all on their own, but they can be used under their matching lipsticks for more intense color and a boost of hydration and smoothing. You could, of course, mix and match shades too.
The refillable format is really easy to use too, and I will be swapping shades in and out for different days.