* Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
The latest launch in the Double Wear franchise is a new take on long wear foundation. Here’s the low down on Estee Lauder Double Wear Sheer Foundation. I have photos and swatches for you to check out.
What is Estee Lauder Double Wear Sheer?
- Double Wear Sheer is a softly blurring makeup
- Promises a seamless sheer matte finish
- 12-hour long wear
- Evens out skintone with undetectable coverage
- Lightweight texture
- Oil-free formula
- Enriched with Hyaluronic Acid
- Uses Estee Lauder’sRed-Fruit Infusion of watermelon, apple & litchi seed extracts for immediate and all-day hydration
- Vitamin E and SPF 20, to protect against UV rays & pollution
- Works to smooth skin’s surface and minimize the look of fine dry lines
- Resists sweat and humidity.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Sheer Shades and Swatches
There are 27 adaptable shades in the collection divided into Cool, Neutral and Warm tones. See below for Estee Lauder’s guide on working out which undertone you are
I have shades:
- 1N2 Ecru
- 2C2 Pale Almond
- 4C3 Softan
- 52N Amber Honey
- 6N2 Truffle
- 8N1 Espresso
Here are the swatches:
1N2 Ecru, 2C2 Pale Almond, 4C3 Softan, 52N Amber Honey, 6N2 Truffle,
Which Skin Undertone Am I?
- Cool (C) undertones: Bare skin has a rosy tone and burns easily in the sun
- Neutral (N) undertones: Bare skin is more even toned, not too pink or golden
- Warm (W) undertones: Bare skin has a golden or olive tone and tans easily in the sun
Before & After Photos
The shade I like the best on my skin is 1N2 Ecru:
Review of Estee Lauder Double Sheer Foundation
What is the texture like?
I really like the light, liquidy texture of this foundation. It spreads over the skin and blends so easily and delivers a really natural skin finish.
What Skin Type is it good for?
This formula suits my combination skin really well and I find it pretty balancing. It’s good for controlling oil in the shiny areas and it’s nice and hydrating on the drier skin.
What is the coverage like?
It has a light and sheer but buildable coverage. It gives the complexion a nice even look. You can still see skin through it, but it softens the look of pigmentation, pores and lines in one layer.
You can gently build it up in areas you want a bit more coverage in some areas without it looking cakey or heavy.
What is the finish like?
It has a soft matte finish that still has a bit of glow. It isn’t flat because you can still see the skin and it allows the natural radiance to come through.
Is it long lasting?
I find this formula lasts really well and still looks pretty good in the evening before I take my makeup off. It is 12 hour wear as opposed to the original Double Wear formula which is 24 hour wear.
What is the difference between Double Wear Sheer and Double Wear Light?
The new Sheer formula actually replaces the Double Wear Light formula. It’s oil-free and lightweight and the suggestion is that you can take your own shade in the new formula.
If you want a lot more coverage and something that will stay put all night, the original Double Wear * could be the one for you.
Where to buy it
Estee Lauder Double Wear Sheer Foundation is £ 35.50 and available via the following links:
If you’re looking for a complexion product that has more coverage and still has SPF, check out the new Erborian Super BB.