* Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
When the Rae Morris brushes launched in the UK last month, I went down to see Rae and she is totally amazing. Her brushes use some of the most advanced technology I have come across and the Invisible Mattifier is perfect if you’re a powder-phobe like me. Here’s what you need to know.
What is special about Rae Morris Brushes?
- Vegan Jishaku brush collection created after years of testing and perfecting
- Rae Morris is one of the most influential makeup artists in the beauty industry
- Each brush has super soft vegan hair
- The handles are ultra-sleek handles
- The brushes are crafted using Japanese brush-making techniques
- Each brush is perfectly tapered to apply and blend at the same time
- The handles are magnetic for unique storage solutions
The Rae Morris Brushes Range
There’s a really wide range of multi-use brushes that are perfect for beginners and professionals. I have been using five of the brushes and love them:
- # 1 Deluxe Kabuki * is perfect for bronzer, blush and all-over powder in both cream and powder formulations. I particularly love this one for cream blush and also the Invisible Mattifier * (more on that later)
- # 8.5 Creme Shadow Shader * – you can use this one with all types of eyeshadow but it’s but it’s particularly good for creams and liquids. It’s also fab for spot concealing
- # 9.1 Pencil Point Shader * is an ultra-precise brush so it’s great for applying liner or getting a bit more technical with a cut crease. It is really soft yet firm enough to hold its precise shape which is key
- # 27 Mini Radiance brush * is great for applying foundations really quickly and flawlessly. It’s great for liquid and powders and gives a lovely airbrushed finish
- The Rae Plate * – this is a genius, easy to transport, magnetic brush plate that stands up all your fave Rae Morris brushes perfectly. Genuis!
What is the Rae Morris Invisible Mattifier?
Rae actually showed me the Invisible Mattifier at the Space NK launch and I was instantly impressed. It’s great if you want to take down a bit of shine and minimize pores in certain areas, without adding any texture or color.
- Gel-like transparent powder, ideal for every skin tone
- Formulated with silicone resin microspheres
- Provides a mattifying, soft-focus effect
- Optical properties help to spread the light and blur the appearance of flaws
- Helps hydrate the skin with pyrrolidone carboxylic acid (PCA)
I have a video on TikTok if you want to see it in action. It keeps selling out so it’s definitely going down well!
Where to buy Rae Morris in the UK
Space NK have a wide range available. The products are also online at Cult Beauty and NET-A-PORTER.
For more makeup inspiration you might want to check out:
- Victoria Beckham Posh Gloss
- Charlotte Tilbury Cream Bronzer