*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
There is a brand-new shade of the extremely gorgeous Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Luster eyeshadow, and it is gorgeous. I have the new Velvet shade here to show you. It joins the full Lid Luster line up, a shimmer shadow pot that is one of the brand’s best-sellers. The full line-up includes Tea Rose, Honey, Mink, Blonde, Onyx, Midnight and more. Check out all the swatches here. Enjoy!
What is Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Luster?
Just in case you haven’t come across the Lid Luster before, here’s a bit of background. They are super beautiful shimmer shadow pots, with a creamy texture and intense color pay off and shine.
Apparently they are inspired by Victoria’s love of crystals and each shade is infused with a different crystal for aura-amplifying energy.
What is the newest Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Luster Shade 2022?
The latest launch in the collection is called Velvet which is an absolutely stunning golden olive with antiqued pearl. Like the full collection, it is infused with Crystal, and this one has Clear Quartz, which is known to amplify energy, thought and aid concentration.
The other 2022 shades launched earlier in the year are:
Full Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Luster Collection
The new shades join the original line up – here’s the full list in order of new to old:
- Velvet (new) – a golden olive with antiqued pearl, infused with Clear Quartz, which is known to amplify energy, thought and aid concentration
- Starlight – 24k gold-infused with Jasper, known to provide protection and absorb negative energy
- Chiffon – a reflective champagne with gold and multicolor pearl infused with Clear Quartz, which is known to amplify energy and thought and aid concentration
- Mirror – a true silver chrome infused with Moonstone, which is known to provide calmness, enhance intuition and promote inspiration
- Tea Rose – warm golden rose infused with Pink Quartz (to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing and feelings of peace)
- Honey – medium golden bronze infused with Opal (known to enkindle optimism, enthusiasm and creativity)
- Midnight – navy blue with silver pearl and infused with Amethyst which is known to amplify the flow of prosperity and abundance
- Mink – taupe brown with a mix of gold and silver pearl and infused with Tigers Eye which is known as the gemstone of courage, strength and personal power
- Onyx – deep black with silver pearl and infused with Black Obsidian which is known to create a protective aura to help shield against negativity
- Blonde – pale crème with yellow gold pearl and infused with Citrine which is known to inspire creativity and self-expression
They are super beautiful – the same creamy texture as the original shades with a stunning wet-look finish. The shades are really easy to wear.
Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Luster Swatches
Swatching these shadows is such a delight because the formula is stunning.
Victoria Beckham Lid Luster Velvet Swatch
I absolutely love this shade. Please stay tuned for a video on my Instagram coming soon.
Here is the shade Starlight:
Lid Lustre in Starlight Application Video
For ease, I thought I would include all the swatches of the Lid Luster shades including those that came in the very first drop of Victoria Beckham Beauty. Please check out my full blog post of the original eye collection.
Here is Tea Rose:
And here is Honey:
And here are all the original shades:
Lid Luster vs Hourglass Scattered Light
I always get quite a few questions about how these Lid Lustres compare to Hourglass’ Scattered Light shadows (see review) that launched back in 2018. They are a similar concept in that they are shimmer pots but I think the texture is slightly different.
I feel the Lid Lustres have more of a wet-look cream texture with more color payoff. I’m a big fan of the Hourglass, but I’d say the initial application provides a veil of color with shimmer which can then be built up for a more intense look. These are the ones to go for if you like shimmer with more subtle color. For a bolder look, go for VB.
Where to Buy Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Luster
The full range is available for £30 each at Victoria Beckham Beauty*.
Some shades are also available at Net-a-Porter*.