* Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
A new mascara from YSL is always something to get excited about because they have a long history of creating amazing mascaras! The latest one is called YSL Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara and I have been testing it out. Here’s how I got on.
What is YSL Lash Clash Mascara?
Lash Clash is YSL’s newest mascara innovation that promises an increase in volume of 200% and up to 24 hour wear.
- Patent pending, double conical brush
- Designed to build volumised lashes that last for up to 24 hours
- Uses an innovative oil-in-water wax formula
- Combines hyper-black pigments
- Includes smudge-resistant boosters
- The formula is thick and creamy for an easy build
- Promises + 200% volume in just five strokes
- Fragrance free
- Enriched with Iris Florentina extract sourced from YSL Beauty’s Ourika Community Gardens for lash care
YSL Lash Clash Before & After Photos
The before has no mascara and the after photo has two good coats of Lash Clash mascara. You can toggle the image to see the difference.
My Review of YSL Lash Clash
Although this mascara is primarily designed to volumise, I also find that it gives a lovely lengthening effect as well. In fact for me, I’d say it is more impressive on the lengthening front than it is on the volumising front, on my lashes. This is interesting as all the marketing claims are based on the 200% increase in volume.
It is nice and easy to apply, and even though I usually manage to get mascara all over my lids as I am putting it on, I didn’t really have too much of a problem with this mascara.
One coats gives a lovely soft fluttering effect but still fairly impactful. So I think I’d be happy with one coat for a daytime look.
Two coats gives a much more dramatic effect, which I love. The pigment is super black and the formula does deliver a nice chunky lash, although I am not sure it’s quite 200% more. Not that that’s something I could measure!
I find it nice and long-lasting and didn’t have any issues with smudging. The lift and curl lasted well all day which I was really pleased with.
If you’re looking for a new mascara that performs, and looks good too, I think this would be a great option. YSL have a great track record when it comes to mascara and this one doesn’t disappoint as far as I am concerned.
Where to buy YSL Lash Clash
The new mascara is £ 29 and available at YSL Beauty right now.
If you are looking for a more affordable mascara, I really like Maybelline Sky High.